Thursday, May 1, 2014

Believe in Yourself!

Good Morning everyone and welcome to a new month!  It is hard to believe that May is here already. Time is flying by this year, isn't it?  Did you all survive those torrential downfalls of rain that we had all day yesterday and the day before.  We had some water in our basement, but a little shop-vac-ing, running fans and using two dehumidifiers have cleared the water out this morning and things are looking better.

♥ ♥ 

I am writing because I have very exciting news:
I was asked to be a guest designer this month at  Colorful Creations!



Here is a little bit about their blog:

Colorful Creations started nearly 4 years ago and are still standing strong.  There will be 2 SKETCH challenges per month.  One challenge posted on the 1st of each month, which you will have until the 15th of the month to complete.  And the 2nd challenge posted on the 15th of the month which you will have until the 30th to complete.

And their sketch for May 1st:


Isn't it amazing?  I absolutely loved it the minute Michelle sent it to me, and this is what I came up with:



Here are some different views:





I used photos that I took of Anne and her color guard group as the basis for my page.  I thought the lyrics from a favorite Sesame Street song were perfect here.   And I actually was inspired by a layout I saw on Heather McMahon's blog a little while ago using these papers.   Dream catchers have always had a very special meaning in our family, so I just had to go out and get these papers by  Glitz designs entitled "Wild and Free."  


Of course, this one was my favorite:


 You can check out Heather's blog post  here!

So that's it!  Thank you so much, Michelle McDonald, for asking me to be a guest designer!  I enjoyed using the wonderful sketch to make my layout of Anne and her group!  ♥  

Have a great Thursday everyone!!!  

16 comments:

  1. HI.. Yes welcome to May.. the year is flying! Love your layout, love the feathers and stars and what a great sketch too.. Take care over there, the news about the U.S. has been dreadful with the tornadoes etc.. I really feel for the people..

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on the GDT!! That is AWESOME! I love love love this!! LOVING the way you added the extra feathers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is happening with time this year? Congratulations on your DT position. Your page is gorgeous...love the dream catcher and the awesome feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same thought this morning - this year is going by so fast! :) Congrats on being a guest designer! How exciting! :) LOVE that collection, and LOVE what you've done with it! :) Such a good message for us ALL to remember!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely amazing, Sharon! Love, love your dreamcatcher, stars, and photos! You've really rocked this sketch! Thanks so much for being our guest designer this month, we are thrilled to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Sharon. Great take on the sketch. The dream catcher is so cool. Congrats on the guest DT gig.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Sharon and a gorgeous layout. The dream catcher is so cool to tie in with your theme and especially since it has special meaning to your family. It has turned really cold here today, I think winter has arrived !
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the GDT! Beautiful layout and the details are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic work Sharon,i love your feathers and chevrons,a totally gorgeous LO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh! Aaaaah!!! I saw that one over at Heathers....& I can see why you were inspired...LOOOVE your take...there's something hippy-ish about dream catchers, for sure!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cool page! LOVE the stars and feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL...I had to chuckle when I came over and read your post, and had just been over at Heather's blog! What a little con-incidence is that! I loved that you also used a dream catcher on your page...they are also special to me and I love their meaning! Beautiful page and the sentiment so fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sharon, WOW, what wonderful news, congrats!! Your page is beautiful and I like that you used those pictures, I remember them! How pretty the dream catcher paper line is, perfect for this page!! Just beautiful!!

    I saw your comment on my blog, YES, I did see the Middle and laughed. How do they keep coming up with such funny stuff every week. This week looks funny too.
    Happy May to you!! Hope we get some sunshine and warm temps that will STAY for a long time finally. We had the rain and WINDY and now cold and cloudy.
    Did you scrapbook for NSD this weekend? I did and got 23 layouts done, YAY!! Will be sharing them next Tuesday at my T Day post!

    Have a good week my friend, HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the guest DT position! You did an awesome job of it! I love the texture and the raised elements. And it's great to know I inspired you. It's nice to get recognition of this in a post so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh - and I should point out that the layout that I made that inspired you was done for my DT work at Scrappy Chat Designs. Beck chose the papers. She is the best selector of kits products ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!