Monday, April 15, 2013

More Spring!

Good Morning everyone!  Happy 3rd week of April!  It is funny how time is flying by this year!  Our oldest daughter, Katie, will be 19 years old this coming Friday, April 19th!  And the best part is that she will be coming home to celebrate her birthday with us this year!  YAY!

On a scrapping note,  Color Me Scrappy's newest challenge is up and running on their blog right now!   It runs through April 30th, and is such a fun color scheme to work with.

Here it is:


Isn't it pretty?  The twist for this challenge is to use two of the same photos and butterflies on your project.    

Here is my take:


I used a photo of a butterfly that I took when I was at a Labor Day picnic last fall.  It was right after we dropped Katie off at Penn State for the very first time, and I felt that it was a sign that she, and I, were going to be OK!!! (And it all worked out beautifully!)  I cannot believe that she will be completing her freshman year in May and will be home for the "summer" so soon! 

 Back to scrapping:  in addition, I used Heather Landry's sketch #35 for inspiration:



Check out Heather's blog entitled "Miracles Momma Designs" here to see what the rest of the MMD Divas came up with for her awesome sketch!

Have a wonderful Monday!  Enjoy this beautiful day!!!


22 comments:

  1. gorgeous take on the challenge and love the symbol that the butterfly was a sign that all was going to be ok, thats a pretty cool sketch also
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the flowers and loveeeeeeeeeee how you framed the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great color palette and you've used it so wonderfully! This layout just screams fun! Super take on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous. love the soft, whimsical feel. great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful LO Sharon, I have a nice (birth) day Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweet friend
    thank you so much for your sweet comment to my blog ,wow what did you made a happy spring design luv it your gorgeous page

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun, whimsical design. . . Sharon style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe she will be 19 and completing her first year!! Wow!

    Gorgeous and such a meaningful LO, Sharon! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for playing along with my sketch Sharon. I'm always so thankful! I really love your take. This page is so whimsical and lovely. I can't believe Katie will be 19!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, this color palette is so serene, and I just love that you've chosen photos of nature to pair with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOoo such a pretty color scheme! Just looking at your page makes me happy and feel spring-y!! Very sweet page Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, this layout is so pretty!. You know, it is almost looking like a spring journal page, perfect with your hand written notes and butterflies photo from the field :). LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job with the colors. Your page is so bright and happy I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sooo super Sharon and love the styling on your page! You did an awesome job with this sketch and really love your take on it! Congrats on your Top 4 at Scrap Africa...so deserved and really loved your page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sharon,

    Happy Birthday to Katie and to you being a mom for 19 years!! How exciting for you that she will be home! You should plan something with the #19 involved, like balloons, presents, etc. When my oldest was turning 21 and couldn't make it home we mailed her a box with 21 presents inside. She got to open one for everyday after her birthday. TOTALLY LOVED IT!!

    LOVE LOVE THIS LAYOUT, beautiful design and spring colors!! I like using the same picture on a layout sometimes too. Great job!!

    Thanks so much for the comment on my blog, they make my day! Just posted my first photos of Disney, hard to believe a week ago we were there and it was 90 degrees.
    Today it is pretty nice for us though, 78degrees and might get higher but then the cold moves in for the weekend. That's what living in the NE does to you right! Enjoy this very special weekend with Katie, can't wait to hear about it. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! I had no idea you were at Color Me Scrappy on the DT. So great to "see" you again!!! I just might need to visit there more often! Off to check out the other team you design for. Thanks for saying "hi" on my blog. So good to see you again Sharon!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sharon your layout is a breath of fresh air! Those colors are fabulous and so springy!!! Here we are having a snow storm - ack! Your page brightens my day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear Katie will be home for the summer! Pretty butterfly page!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sharon gorgeous!
    Loved this too, loving the arrangement with photos and flowers in resin graced one way awesome!
    Wonderful result :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!